Melburn Roobaix - FAQ
What IS Melburn Roobaix?
Melburn Roobaix is a non-competitive recreational cycling event organised by FYXO, themed loosely based on the oldest and most gruelling race in the world - Paris Roubaix.
Since 2006 FYXO’s secret recipe for what many describe as the ‘best day on a bike’ you can have attracts all branches of cycling to unite.
A truly unique event attracting every branch of the cycling religion. From the fanatical to casual commuters, young and old, a truly inclusive event celebrating bicycle lifestyles.
Cyclists register to ride a course which is only revealed on the day, but is typically 40 kilometres around the inner suburbs of Melbourne, ending at Brunswick Velodrome.
Melburn Roobaix explores the bumpiest sectors of cobbled lanes and alleys, exploring lesser known parts of the city, and embracing the spirit of being big kids on bikes.
When and where is Melburn Roobaix?
Sunday 26 June 2022
9:00-10:00am - Ticket holders present their ticket at registration location, collect their 'Rider Pack' and depart when they are ready.
9:00am - 3:30pm - Ride north to Roobaix at a speed of your choice.
3:30 pm - Prize Ceremony
4:30 pm - Home time (It's dark!). Ride safe!
Registered riders will get an email one week previously to where the START location will be.
When does the event start and finish?
You can collect your Rider Pack between 9-10am Sharp. Once you collect your pack you can start your adventure.
The ride takes as long as you want it to.
Be sure to be back at the Brunswick Velodrome for the Prize Ceremony @ 3:30pm!There will be food trucks, beverage options, and lots of chatting until the Ceremony.
Hey! I registered for last year and still have my ticket.
Great. Any ticket for the planned 2021 dates is VALID for this year.
About your ticket
Scan the QR code on the back of the ticket and enter your rider details into the online form.
Rider Details will be used to communicate event details so complete details for each ticket as soon as they are received.
DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKET.
How do I register?
Purchase tickets here.
Your physical ticket will come in the mail.
SCAN the QR code on your ticket and enter your details to complete registration.
Is Mini Roobaix still on?
We will not be hosting the Mini Kids Roobaix on 26 June 2022. If you have previously purchased a mini ticket, please contact us for a refund.
On the event day, we will have an area for the mini roobaixers to enjoy a few activities and a coloring contest!
We hope to give you an amazing experience roaming the lesser known routes of the city on the way to Roobaix.
Other than great memories, you will take home:
- Melburn Roobaix Musette. A durable keep sake that gives years of service.
- Printed Map with all the details for the 2022Melburn Roobaix Route.
- Official 2022 Spoke Card!
- Limited Edition Schwag. It's a surprise.
- A sweet treat.
- Special offers from event sponsors.
At the Velodrome
- First Aid by St John's Ambulance.
- Professional portrait of you and your crew available to download post-event.
What happens on the ride?
If this is your first Melburn Roobaix - Welcome!
Your day starts at a secret location disclosed a week before the event where you collect your rider pack.
Inside it, amongst other things is your map with the route, and checklist (manifest), which will allow you to ride the suggested route - which will also be available to download to aid navigation.
Use the map to get to the checkpoint, use the manifest to answer the skill testing questions. You present your manifest at the end where you'll be entered into the prize draw.
It is NOT a closed course.
You need to be wary of all other road and trail users at all times.
You can choose which ever way you wish to get to Roobaix. The suggested route, is the most chill.
The route wiggles its way from cobbled section to section, through suburbs, across rivers and railways - to the finish at the Roobaix (Brunswick) velodrome.
No penalties for going your own way because the event is 'fun ride' and NOT a race.
Along the way...
Every year is different - and we like to keep it fresh. We've had donut stops, heart break hills with cheer squads, random marching bands playing, as well as neighbours coming out to cheer riders on. If you knew exactly what to expect it wouldn't be as magical, so we like to keep each years route and activations a surprise.
Event Terms & Conditions
Answer Content2021/2022 Melburn Roobaix Event Terms & Conditions.
All participants are required to agree to the below terms and conditions of entry.
1. I am at least 18 years old and have read the conditions of entry for this event and understand the demanding physical nature of the event. I am not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to my health if I participate in this event. In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to the event, I will withdraw from the event.
2. You acknowledge that participating in this event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
3. If You are unsure about your medical and physical fitness to participate in Melburn Roobaix You must seek advice from a medical practitioner before attending Melburn Roobaix. You acknowledge and agree that insurance is in place that may provide limited cover to you whilst participating in Melburn Roobaix. You understand that this insurance may not cover you for all injury, loss or damage sustained by you in participating in the Melburn Roobaix and you acknowledge that FYXO Pty Ltd does not make any representations about the suitability of the insurance. You also agree that you can, in your own interests and at your own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance over and above the cover provided by FYXO Pty Ltd.
4. You acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this event that you do so at your own risk. You accept all risks and in consideration of your entry, you, your heirs, executors and administrators release and forever discharge FYXO Pty Ltd, their employees, members, promoters, volunteers, servants, agents and subcontractors, instrumentalities, and all voluntary community groups assisting with this event, all sponsors producers their agents and representatives, and any person or body, directly or indirectly associated with the event of all liabilities, claims, damages or costs which you may have against them arising out of, or in any way connected with your participation in the event. You understand this waiver includes claims based on negligence, action, or inaction of any of the above parties. This release continues forever and binds your heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. You are fully responsible for the security of your personal possessions throughout the event including your bike and other valuable items and including items left in the H A Smith / Brunswick Velodromes. You agree that FYXO is not responsible or liable for the repair or replacement of any personal possessions whether lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise.
6. You consent to the publication and or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, voice, statements or otherwise, before, during or after the event whether for advertising, promotion or otherwise, without payment or compensation.
7. FYXO Pty Ltd may, at its option, cancel your participation if you: breach these Terms and Conditions; behave in a way that is a risk to you or others; behave in a way that is inappropriate or offensive or in breach of the law; use illegal or performance enhancing drugs when undertaking any activity with Melburn Roobaix; fail to accept the terms of the Risk Waiver before and while participating.
8. Melburn Roobaix fees are published at www.melburnroobaix.co. Registration fees for Melburn Roobaix are non-refundable, non-tax deductible and must be paid at the time of registering to participate in Melburn Roobaix. You agree that if you do not attend the event for whatever reason, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement of entry fees and forfeit any merchandise, prizes or giveaways associated with the event.
9. You have carefully read this entry form and agree to abide by all the rules and directions of all event officials on the day of the event.
10. You accept that there is no refund or exchange on your entry fees except as required by law and as otherwise specified by FYXO Pty Ltd in these terms. If FYXO Pty Ltd cancels the Event for any reason (including but not limited to extreme weather or other dangerous conditions), then FYXO Pty Ltd will make every effort to hold the event on another date within a 3 month period in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
11. If signing for a person under 18 years of age, you certify that you are the parent/guardian of the ‘minor’ who will be participating on the day of the Event and will chaperone them on the day at all times. In consideration of the Event organiser accepting the minor’s application to participate in the Event, you agree to indemnify and shall keep indemnified the Organisers in respect of any losses they or any of them may suffer as a consequence of any claim/s by the minor and to the same extent as any other competitor indemnifies the Organisers pursuant to the above legal declaration.
12. I HAVE READ UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE. ALL ENTRANTS MUST AGREE TO THIS WAIVER (if under 18 parent or guardian of the entrant must be participating also and agree to the above terms and conditions)
Sorry - No refunds.
Please consider before purchasing a ticket.
COVID-SAFE EVENT PLAN SUMMARY:
We take the risks of COVID-19 very seriously and are in continual contact with authorities about the conduct of events. Preserving the safety of participants, volunteers and the community at large is our greatest priority. We require all staff of Melburn Roobaix be double vaccinated in line with Victoria State Government. We require all event attendees to be aware of and follow the steps and procedures explained below.
DO NOT ATTEND THE EVENT if you:
- display any COVID symptoms or are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- if you have tested positive to Covid within the past 7 days.
* Policy will change in accordance with Victorian government protocols.