Terms and Conditions - 2021 (2022) Melburn Roobaix
All participants are required to agree to the below terms and conditions of entry.
1. I am at least 18 years old and have read the conditions of entry for this event and understand the demanding physical nature of the event. I am not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to my health if I participate in this event. In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to the event, I will withdraw from the event.
2. You acknowledge that participating in this event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
3. If You are unsure about your medical and physical fitness to participate in Melburn Roobaix You must seek advice from a medical practitioner before attending Melburn Roobaix. You acknowledge and agree that insurance is in place that may provide limited cover to you whilst participating in Melburn Roobaix. You understand that this insurance may not cover you for all injury, loss or damage sustained by you in participating in the Melburn Roobaix and you acknowledge that FYXO Pty Ltd does not make any representations about the suitability of the insurance. You also agree that you can, in your own interests and at your own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance over and above the cover provided by FYXO Pty Ltd.
4. You acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this event that you do so at your own risk. You accept all risks and in consideration of your entry, you, your heirs, executors and administrators release and forever discharge FYXO Pty Ltd, their employees, members, promoters, volunteers, servants, agents and subcontractors, instrumentalities, and all voluntary community groups assisting with this event, all sponsors producers their agents and representatives, and any person or body, directly or indirectly associated with the event of all liabilities, claims, damages or costs which you may have against them arising out of, or in any way connected with your participation in the event. You understand this waiver includes claims based on negligence, action, or inaction of any of the above parties. This release continues forever and binds your heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. You are fully responsible for the security of your personal possessions throughout the event including your bike and other valuable items and including items left in the H A Smith / Brunswick Velodromes. You agree that FYXO is not responsible or liable for the repair or replacement of any personal possessions whether lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise.
6. You consent to the publication and or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, voice, statements or otherwise, before, during or after the event whether for advertising, promotion or otherwise, without payment or compensation.
7. FYXO Pty Ltd may, at its option, cancel your participation if you: breach these Terms and Conditions; behave in a way that is a risk to you or others; behave in a way that is inappropriate or offensive or in breach of the law; use illegal or performance enhancing drugs when undertaking any activity with Melburn Roobaix; fail to accept the terms of the Risk Waiver before and while participating.
8. Melburn Roobaix fees are published at www.melburnroobaix.co. Registration fees for Melburn Roobaix are non-refundable, non-tax deductible and must be paid at the time of registering to participate in Melburn Roobaix. You agree that if you do not attend the event for whatever reason, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement of entry fees and forfeit any merchandise, prizes or giveaways associated with the event.
9. You have carefully read this entry form and agree to abide by all the rules and directions of all event officials on the day of the event.
10. You accept that there is no refund or exchange on your entry fees except as required by law and as otherwise specified by FYXO Pty Ltd in these terms. If FYXO Pty Ltd cancels the Event for any reason (including but not limited to extreme weather or other dangerous conditions), then FYXO Pty Ltd will make every effort to hold the event on another date within a 3 month period in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
11. If signing for a person under 18 years of age, you certify that you are the parent/guardian of the ‘minor’ who will be participating on the day of the Event and will chaperone them on the day at all times. In consideration of the Event organiser accepting the minor’s application to participate in the Event, you agree to indemnify and shall keep indemnified the Organisers in respect of any losses they or any of them may suffer as a consequence of any claim/s by the minor and to the same extent as any other competitor indemnifies the Organisers pursuant to the above legal declaration.
12. I HAVE READ UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE. ALL ENTRANTS MUST AGREE TO THIS WAIVER (if under 18 parent or guardian of the entrant must be participating also and agree to the above terms and conditions)